Can I enroll in the Master’s program in Psychology after completing a Bachelor’s degree in Educational Science / Pedagogy?


Is it possible to enroll in the Master’s program in Psychology after completing a Bachelor’s degree in Educational Science / Pedagogy?

If you have a bachelor’s degree in the “Educational Sciences” program, does this also entitle you to enroll in the psychology master’s program? Or is that only possible with a bachelor’s degree in psychology?

On the website of several universities I only read that a degree “in a bachelor’s degree in psychology or in a related degree at a university” is a prerequisite. But what exactly is a course related to psychology is unfortunately nowhere specifically mentioned.

And does it make a difference if you have obtained your bachelor’s degree at a university of education, or can you still do a university master’s degree afterwards (e.g. the EW master’s at the university after the bachelor’s at the PH).

I hope someone can help me.

2 answers.

Basically, a bachelor’s degree is a bachelor’s degree, regardless of the type of university at which it was acquired. Because of this, you will not have any problems getting admission to a Masters at a university.

As a rule, admission requirements such as “related course” are interpreted quite accommodatingly, since the universities strive to fully utilize their master’s courses. So with an educational subject, you have a good chance. You will likely have had subjects like developmental psychology too, so the overlap is there.

But if you want to know exactly, you will not be able to avoid a phone call or an email to the relevant student advisory service. I strongly recommend that to you. This is the only way you can find out what is really required for the individual master’s courses, what they credit and what not.

And it is best to take a look at the study regulations for the master’s course beforehand so that you don’t have to start from scratch with the advice.

Some bachelor’s degree programs also have a supplementary area called one or another, in which one can look into other subject areas or acquire certain skills. Sometimes you can have suitable modules from this area credited for admission to the master’s degree if they are required in the master’s, but were not available in the subject-specific bachelor’s degree.

So: See what you are doing in the Bachelor’s degree and how many ECTS you earn with what, and then ask specifically at the universities with the Master’s you have chosen. This is the only way you can be sure not to overlook anything.

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.